"While our world keeps hoping for peace through man’s solutions, we know the only source of lasting unity is Jesus Christ." Dr. Charles Stanley

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm back :-)

I apologize for not blogging in months!! Life has been great here in the Hastie household. We had a wonderful summer and fall filled with spending time with family, friends and creating memories that will last forever!

Sept came and was filled with some craziness. You know how that goes, orientations and open house for the pre-schooler, then getting the elementary school child back in the groove of homework, going to sleep early and getting ready on time. It is all fabulous but I feel like after September we could all use a vacation, lol. The end of October brought lots of excitement. My mom got married and it happened to occur on the only snow storm of the season so far! Definitely a wedding we will all never forget :-)

Here we are now, December and so excited for Christmas. My kids are having so much fun this year celebrating all aspects of this season. From decorating the tree, house, singing Christmas songs, playing with their Little People's Nativity set, and telling everyone about baby Jesus. My son was going around his room this morning looking for this one toy car that he just received for Christmas from family this past weekend. He said he wanted to give it to one of his friends at school. My reply was "Joshua, why are you doing that, you just got it." And shame on me b/c his response was "Mom this is what Christmas is all about. Giving to others and telling them about Jesus' birthday." His heart amazes me every single day. He might be one of the most energetic 6 year old's I know but his heart is so pure and his actions are so sweet. I think this time of year is amazing if we take the time to enjoy it and not run around all the time. Sometimes it takes a child to bring it all back into perspective for us. It is about loving others, spending time with people and celebrating the birth of Christ! I'm excited to bake a cake with my kids this weekend for Jesus' birthday. Every year when we wake up Christmas morning we come down to the kitchen, light the candles and sing Happy Birthday, Jesus! We have been doing it since Joshua was born and he looks forward to it every year. He gets that it's not about presents (although, don't get me wrong he loves receiving them) eating candy canes, or even Santa. Often we forget what it's really about. This past Sunday Joshua sang with some of the children in our church and every time I hear the words I get tears in my eyes. Here is part of it
"He made a way in a manger a way through the Son. Messiah the promised before time had begun. For God so loved this world, though He knew what love would cost. He made a way in a manger, to make a way to the cross.."
Such sacrifice and love! What a blessing that God made a way for you and me to the cross...I know I don't deserve the forgiveness and grace that I get every single day from Him. As I think about the hard times I have faced whether in the last year or in life in general nothing will ever compare to what Jesus went through on that cross for me!

So whatever you are doing or celebrating this season, take the time to look around you, enjoy the moment and if the one gift you wanted to buy hasn't been don't worry..time spent with the ones you love means more then any gift you could possibly buy in a store! If you don't think so just ask any 30 year old what they got for Christmas when they were 8...most likely won't remember but they will remember if Mommy or Daddy (or whoever was their guardian) was spending time with them while they were growing up!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Love and prayers,
Darea

No comments:

Post a Comment